Kasabian have announced a string of tour dates to take place later this year across the UK.
The planned live shows arrive at a major turning point in the history of the now-iconic British band, a time in which they head out on the road for the first time without former lead singer Tom Meighan.
Meighan left the band last year citing “personal issues” and, shortly after, details emerged of his alleged “horrible” and sustained drunken assault on former fiancée Vikki Ager.
Now, a press release from the band has mapped out Kasabian’s continuation without their frontman. As predicted, it will see guitarist Serge Pizzorno take the lead. Tim Carter has been added to carry some of the guitar duties vacated by Pizzorno.
The forthcoming tour will include 15 live shows which will kick off on October 13th at the 02 Academy, Glasgow, including a hometown show at Leicester’s De Montfort Hall October 27th and climaxing at London’s O2 Academy Brixton on November 2nd.
“We’re incredibly excited to announce these intimate shows. We love our band, our music and our fans too much to ever stop,” the band said. “We’ll be playing all the classic tunes plus something new for the mosh pit to bounce too. So come join us for the biggest party of 2021! See you there.”
See the full tour dates, below.
Kasabian 2021 Tour Dates:
- Wed 13 – GLASGOW, O2 Academy
- Thu 14 – LIVERPOOL, O2 University (Mountford Hall)
- Fri 15 – CARDIFF, Great Hall
- Sun 17 – LEEDS, O2 Academy
- Mon 18 – LINCOLN, The Engine Shed
- Wed 20 – NOTTINGHAM, Rock City
- Thu 21 – SHEFFIELD, O2 Academy
- Fri 22 – MANCHESTER, O2 Victoria Warehouse
- Sun 24 – NORWICH, UEA
- Tue 26 – NEWCASTLE, O2 City Hall
- Wed 27 – LEICESTER, De Montfort Hall
- Thu 28 – BOURNEMOUTH, O2 Academy
- Sat 30 – SOUTHAMPTON, O2 Guildhall
- Sun 31 – BRISTOL, O2 Academy
- Tues 02 – LONDON, O2 Academy Brixton